Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December Challenge





Okay, so my scrappy friend Janice put out a challenge to take a photo a day for the month of December! Well, I am getting off to a little bit of a late start, but hope to make it up in no time!


What a 10 day stretch it has been! Unfortunately, my pancreas has other things in mind, and is not producing any insulin, so my Diabetes diagnosis has gone from a Type 2 to a Type 1! Which means I am not only counting carbs, but needing insulin as well. I am getting used to the 7 blood sugar checks daily, and the 4 shots of insulin. Taylor even gave me an injection! It is important that the kids know what to do if need be! I don't know why God decided we needed more on our plate, but we will accept it, and move on. Or like our friend and Doctor said...we must be doing something right that the devil is really trying to get in our way! I did meet with the dietician this afternoon, and she gave me the go ahead to make homemade doughnuts with my dear Gram this weekend! I can have ONE at a time, but will have to take insulin for it!


Beyond the Diabetes.....

Last Thursday Josh had a basketball game against Sartell........their biggest rival! Well, he fell just right on it, and the piece on the top of your shin-just right below the knee came away from the bone. So, he is hobbling around here on crutches, waiting for the swelling to go down. He sees a Orthopedic Surgeon on Thursday morning!


I actually think we might have a REAL winter this year! The last several years have not produced very much snow, but we are on our second snow storm of the season so far! Tay has been a TROOPER.....shoveling the drive and sidewalk. He loves it outside!


So, with all that said....Here are my four pics for the first four days of this month!

2 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

Those photos are just wonderful!! Homemade doughnuts sound divine. I'm glad you will be able to continue with this tradition.

Janice said...

Gorgeous photos Melissa! I am so happy you are taking the challenge!
I don't know what God has in store for you but I believe he never gives us more than we can handle. Continued prayer's for you my friend!
Hugs!