Friday, September 7, 2007

Vacation, Birthday, School, and Sadness...






I am not sure even where to start with this post! So much has transpired since my last post! The boys and I had a wonderful vacation visiting my family in New Mexico last week. Coming home meant the boys had to head back to school, and I have to prepare for upcoming surgery! We were able to do a few touristy things, bu mostly just spent time around the pool in my parents back yard. We had our favorite eateries that we couldnt miss out on while we were there...Quarters BBQ, Dions Pizza, Cherry Limes from Sonic, Baskin Robbins Ice Cream, and of course authentic mexican food!! My father turned 61 while we were there, so in celebration he and my cousin Larry took the boys (Josh, Tay, and my nephew Nolan) golfing! I think my Dad had the numbers mixed up...thinking he was 16 instead....as he was doing cannonballs off the diving board that afternoon! All the way around it was a wonderful trip! Of course the boys and I were happy to get home to Dennis! I missed him!


On Tuesday not only did the boys start school, but Taylor also celebrated his 11th birthday! They are getting so big before my very eyes! Tay started 5th grade and Josh started 8th! Josh loves school, so he was happy to be back, but, Tay was sad to see summer end!


While we were on vacation my dearest of friends, Jenny, called to say that her FIL had been hit by a truck while walking. He was airlifted to our area hospital. My heart breaks knowing what her and Rich and their family has been through in the last week! He was called to his eternal home last Sunday! Please pray for peace for their family during this difficult time! During this time have I been able to reflect on the friendship that Jenny and I share....We have known each other since elementary school...and she is the dearest soul! She is more like family to me! We are seperated by about 100 miles, but manage to talk on the phone daily. When our families get together we ALL enjoy every minute together. Jen, you make my heart smile!


3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

This is our beautfiul daughter, Melissa ("Missy"). We are so proud of her. She does such a wonderful job with her family "blog". We, too had a great vacation while they were here in Albuquerue just a few days ago. Now, we prepare ourselves for Missy's surgery in the next few days.
We wish her our best, God's love and strength and a speedy recovery. Our family has been truly blessed as Missy has showed us ALL strength and courage in the last year during her struggle with pain and dispair with her back. We love you, "Miss" and wish you nothing but the best in the days and months to come. You are the best! XOXOXOXO Mom and Dad

Lucy Chesna said...

great pics lady...please keep us posted with your surgery ...God bless and prayers for you girlie

Pat said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful memories to reflect on (and hopefully feel good enough to scrap) while you recover. Keeping good thoughts for your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery!